This article is a list of general rules in regards to interaction.
- See Also: Editing Guide
Rules: General Interaction
- Be civil to other users at all times
- Never resort to personal insults, aggression, or revealing personal information
- Do not make demands of editors
- Our editors are volunteers who work out of a passion for this franchise. If they make a mistake, be polite.
- If you want specific content added, feel free to edit yourself. If you struggle with the know-how, please ask a moderator or administrator and will we gladly answer questions or explain site usage
- Assume good faith
- Try to consider that the person on the other end of the discussion is a thinking, rational being who is trying to positively contribute to the project. Even if something seems like "trolling" or "vandalism", can sometimes be borne from a lack of knowledge about wiki
- When in doubt, talk to the admins
- We're always happy to help settle dispute and answer questions; we aim to be objective, weigh up all sides, and come to an impartial decision in all matters
- No role-play anywhere on site
- You must speak only as yourself to others, and not as your fictionkin self or favourite role-play.
- No fanworks
- No articles can contain links to off-site fan-materials (especially download links)
- Fanworks must not be used in any form; no fanart in galleries, fanfiction in articles, etc.
- This also includes scanlations, or fan-subbed works; only ever link to official materials
- Do not use bots without admin or staff permission
- This is for several reasons: a) we have a bot that we use for mass edits, b) it can artificially inflate one's edit count, and c) there are many variables that can make such bots go awry, which leaves work for our editors, moderators, and administrators
- If one account is banned then all accounts are banned (the block is on the user, not the account)
- Warnings for minor infractions
- If you have broken a rule, you may receive an official warning and/or temporary ban by our administrators
- If you have received a warning, you may receive a second warning and/or a temporary ban, depending on the nature of the infraction, at the discretion of the administrator
- If you get three warnings, we will implement a ban for an appropriate amount of time proportionate to the infraction type. This may be permanent depending on the nature of the infraction
- Permanent ban for abuse of others
- This community must be a safe space for all people. If anyone is caught engaging in hate speech, harassment, or verbal abuse, then we will implement a permanent ban and we will not accept appeals on this decision.
- Persistent rule-breaking
- On your third ban, you may be permanently banned from the wiki
- You may only appeal minor infractions
- Rules related to "general interaction" are considered to be major infractions
- How to appeal?
- We will always leave you a message to explain why you were blocked, which you may reply to via your wall
- You are also entitled to leave one message of appeal via Community Central, on the personal message walls of the banning administrator (or another administrator of your choice)